Report a Safeguarding Concern

If you suspect somebody is being harmed, don’t ignore it, report it.

Report an urgent safety concern for a child, young person or adult

If you are concerned for a child or adult's immediate safety you should

Contact Surrey Police on 999

Report a concern for a child

If you are a child or young person being abused or neglected, or an adult who is concerned about a child or young person's safety and wellbeing, you can contact the Children's Services Single Point of Access between 9am to 5pm on Monday to Friday.

  • Phone: 0300 470 9100 (available 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday)
  • Email:
  • Out of hours phone: 01483 517898 to speak to the emergency Duty Team
  • Textphone (via Text Relay): 18001 0300 200 1005
  • SMS: 07527 182 861 (for the deaf or hard of hearing)
  • VRS: Sign Language Video Relay Service

Report a concern for an adult

If you are concerned about an adult with care and support needs, who is at risk of or is being abused or neglected and is unable to protect themselves or suspect someone else is, you need to report it.

To do this, contact the Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH).

The Surrey Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) is the initial point of contact that aims to improve the safeguarding response for adults at risk of abuse or neglect through better information sharing and high-quality and timely responses.

The Surrey MASH achieves this by bringing together Surrey County Council social care workers, health workers, the police, and a vast array of virtual partners across Surrey – all under one roof. By being able to share relevant information between each agency, the MASH aims to identify need, risk and harm accurately to allow timely and the most appropriate intervention.