Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus.
Latest national information about COVID-19
For the latest national NHS updates please go to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) page of NHS.UK
The latest information from Public Health England about Coronavirus (COVID-19) is on the Public Health England website.
The most up to date advice is available on the NHS Coronavirus (COVID-19) website.
Use the NHS 111 online Coronavirus (COVID-19) service if:
- you feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home
- your condition gets worse
- your symptoms do not get better after 7 days
Use the 111 Coronavirus (COVID-19) service, but please only call 111 if you cannot get help online.
How to avoid catching or spreading Coronavirus (COVID-19)
There are things you can do to help stop viruses like Coronavirus (COVID-19) spreading.
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately
- wash your hands with soap and water often – use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
More information on protecting yourself and your community is available on the Surrey County Council website.