Social care

Social Care

Surrey County Council works closely with the NHS and other key partners to help people in Surrey who:

  • Need practical support because of illness or disability
  • Care for someone who has an illness or a disability

They offer different services to children and adults.

Children's social care services

Children's social care services support children with the greatest need – those who are disabled, have to be protected from harm, or need to be placed in residential or foster care.

Find out more at Children's social care.

Adult Social Care services

Adult Social Care aims to help people stay independent, safe and well so they can live their lives. The service supports frail people, people with disabilities, neurodiversity, mental health issues and those who care for them (unpaid carers).

Social care for adults is not usually free. People may need to contribute towards the cost of their care. The amount they need to pay depends on their income, savings and expenditure.

Are you eligible for social care?

You can find out if you have social care needs and how much you will need to pay on the adult social care assessments and eligibility page.

Concerns of abuse or neglect

If you are at risk of abuse or neglect or suspect someone else is, you need to report it.

Report concerns for an adult

Find out more

What is adult social care?

Local people can find lots of support available in their communities. Visit our directory of care and support at Surrey Information Point.