- Autism and/or Learning Disability information for patients and health care staff
- BAME communities: vaccine information written in community languages
- BAME communities: information videos in community languages
- British Sign Language resources
- Covid-19 and pregnancy: advice in five South Asian languages
- Covid-19 vaccination and blood clotting
- Covid-19 vaccination animations launched to help tackle disinformation
- Covid-19 vaccinations for migrants
- Easy Read information
- Everything COVID (resource for 12 to 17 year olds)
- Government guidance
- Information on vaccines approved for use in UK
- Mental Health information
- Short films to encourage vaccine uptake amongst Eastern European community
Autism and Learning Disability information
These resources are to help ensure people with autism and/or a learning disability can access their COVID-19 vaccination appointments easily and safely.
Covid Vaccine film produced by Skills for People and Learning Disability England
Short video Q&A with Dr Roger Banks, National Clinical Director for Learning Disabilities & Autism, by NHS England and NHS Improvement
Easy read Covid vaccination leaflet from Public Health England
Easy read What to expect after the vaccine leaflet from Public Health England
Easy read adult consent form from Public Health England
Also available from NHS England: tips and additional training materials for COVID 19 vaccinators and volunteers.
BAME communities: vaccine information written in community languages
These are produced by gov.uk and can be found at GOV.UK: Covid-19 vaccine information in your language.
COVID Leaflets for Hindi and Nepali Speaking Communities from Kent Surrey Sussex Academic Health Science Network
BAME communities: information videos in community languages
NHS doctors, nurses and other frontline staff have come forward to help reassure communities that COVID-19 vaccines are safe, effective and have been independently tested to the highest standards, and to address misinformation on subjects including fertility.
NHS England has produced short videos in community languages including:
More videos in additional languages are available via NHS England. Other language videos are in development.
BBC Asian Network has produced information on COVID scams in five community languages:
British Sign Language resources
Public Health England has produced these videos in BSL:
- BSL video guide on COVID-19 vaccination and blood clotting
- BSL video guide on COVID-19 vaccination for eligible adults
- BSL video guide on COVID-19 for women of childbearing age, pregnant or breastfeeding
- BSL video guide on what to expect after the COVID-19 vaccination
Leaflets on which these videos are based on are also available to download and paper copies are also available to order.
Covid and pregnancy: Advice in five South Asian languages
The BBC Asian Network is helping the South Asian community to understand what the science says in five languages: Gujarati, Punjabi, Sylheti, Tamil and Urdu. View on the BBC website.
Covid-19 vaccination animations launched to help tackle disinformation
NHS England and NHS Improvement has launched a series of animations aimed at tackling disinformation about the COVID-19 vaccine. Aimed specifically at encouraging uptake in ethnic minority groups, the animations are available in 17 different languages and are suitable for use on a wide range of social media platforms. They cover key topics including vaccine safety, how it was tested, how it was developed so quickly, what is in it, and what the side effects are. Original files can be downloaded from the campaign resource centre in the form of short clips and also a longer video, and the English versions are also available on YouTube.
- GOV.UK: Why do I have to wait for a COVID-19 vaccination
- GOV.UK: COVID-19 vaccination – guide for older adults
- GOV.UK: COVID-19 vaccination – guide for healthcare workers
- GOV.UK: COVID-19 vaccination – guide for social care staff
- GOV.UK: A guide to the COVID-19 vaccination – for women of childbearing age, those currently pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding
- GOV.UK: What to expect after your COVID-19 vaccination leaflet
Information on vaccines approved for use in UK
Mental health information
- Equally Well UK: A guide for people with severe mental illness and their carers on what to expect from the Covid-19 vaccination programme.
- Mind has an array of supportive materials via their website.
Short films to encourage uptake amongst Eastern European community
Working in partnership with Surrey County Council, Surrey Heartlands CCG have produced the following short films, aimed at reaching people and groups from Eastern European Communities to encourage Covid-19 vaccine uptake. The three people featured explain why they have had their Covid-19 vaccine.
Please help us to share these short films with your relevant contacts, channels and groups.
- Agnieszka Paszkiewicz, originally from Poland, now lives in Camberley - https://youtu.be/NBZQ8f91Bak (Polish)
- Dorin Saioc, originally from Romania, now lives in Bookham - https://youtu.be/NBZQ8f91Bak (Romanian)
- Dajana Topczewsk (Di), originally from Poland, now lives in Guildford - https://youtu.be/IVCJlJAxDZc (Polish)